Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Universe Has Provided

Anne over at Shine With Unschooling always talks about how everything is As It Should Be and how the Universe Provides for us all. I often wonder what takes the darned Universe so long sometimes. But this week, All Is Well. Our biggest issue by far is friends. We are a smidge more liberal and free with our thoughts and kids than many other homeschoolers who are geographically close to us. Ok, more than a smidge. Maybe a Grand Canyon separates us sometimes. So this causes problems making and keeping friends. I can go online and have many of my needs met. My couple of In Real Life friends are so busy and sometimes I can't just wait for them to have time for me. But Son - wow now that is another story completely. He craves social company. He needs it. And right now, he really wants similar age guys to hang with. He is 10. Its only going to become a more important issue is what I figure. And very soon it will involve the opposite sex as well.

How did the Universe provide, you ask? We have known this one family since Son was 1.5 years old. There is a same age boy as Son, a fabulous Friend Mom and interesting Dad, a fun daughter who passes down many clothes to my Daughter, and a younger person as well. Friend Mom and I have maintained our friendship through the Pink Shirt incident (teasing about boys wearing pink), kids avoiding each other, disinterest, and many years. Friend Mom came over to our house monday to hang out with Son and Daughter while I went on a date with my husband. First one without kids since we had kids! Wouldn't you know it but Friend Mom's son (M) and daughter (A) came with her to play. All kids and adults had a fabulous time that night. M asked when he could come back. Tuesday of course! M came over yesterday for about 3.5 hrs and again Son and M had a great time. Today Son gets to see his cool friend C which is super cool because we had to go more than a week without seeing C and his family due to illness.

Happy Thanksgiving! We have a lot to be Thankful for!

No comments: