Monday, September 29, 2008

Bellydancing - my new passion!

Yesterday I had a great time going to my first bellydancing workshop. I went to the House of Dance for a Choreography Workshop with Amy Koskey. We moved, we shaked, and had a grand old time. Amy dances a tribal fusions tyle which was so much fun. I learned that someone I have known for over 6 years teaches bellydance in the next county over and dances with the area bellydance troupe. Wow that was a surprise. I checked out her photos on the web and no wonder I never knew. She looks so different decked out in bellydancing attire than when I see her at the nature center where she works:-)

I know what you are thinking. Why bellydance? Why now? Well, at Live and Learn, Mindy and her son Max did this fusion bellydance/hip hop act which made me want to be on stage dancing with them. Since I came home from L&L thinking that the things I spend my days doing were kind of boring - I was feeling open to new passions. I got advice to just try a bunch of new things and see what I liked. I tried bellydance. I like!

On the way to the workshop, I stopped to pick up some wood burning tools that I got through freecycle. My Roots and Shoots group is going to make some trail signs for a local state park. The funny thing was that the place I picked up these tools was the same neighborhood as my friend Ronda used to live in. The same Ronda that started the Roots and Shoots group and then handed it over to me several months later! We sure miss you dear:-)

I am checking out an actual bellydance class this weekend. I hope that is as fun as the workshop I did yeaterday.

No comments: