Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Painting and Concrete

Wow, today I started and completed my own project and helped someone else with theirs! After a quiet, doing little tasks kind of morning, Daughter and I started prepping the kids bathroom to be painted. That went so quickly that we got out the paint which has been patiently waiting since winter. We got the entire bathroom prepared and painted in less than 4 hours. Daughter helped the entire time. What a champ. Of course, she did get to use a screwdriver, a cleaning bucket, a paint brush, masking tape, and a paint roller. What is not to love?

After we got our tools and ourselves cleaned up (tools better than us), I looked out the window and saw a concrete truck at our neighbors house. We put on our shoes and headed over there so check out the fun. They were putting in a sidewalk to their new side door and sort of new gazebo. The forms were already up and level (hence the concrete truck's arrival), but there was still plenty to watch. I got to help screed the concrete (make the surface level with the forms), use a sledgehammer to pound the stakes for the forms in further, and hang out with the guys. Hardly any woman comments except that "there aren't many women who do what you do". I took that as a compliment. I wouldn't have 10 years ago. I have grown and matured imagine that!

After a shower that felt wonderful, we had a yummy dinner, and settled down to watch The Rescuers. It is one movie that I remember enjoying as a child, so I thought I would share it with Daughter. We watched a bit of it before she was too sleepy. Maybe more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

You rock. Love women who know how to use power tools. Ex-hubby and I quarreled quite a bit over who got the tools. I remember one day being quite upst that he sat aside one hammer to take and he kept like 15.

I stomped my feet and in quite 4 year old maturity and remember spouting off about that not being fair.

So, now I have 2 hammers. It is still not fair. (But, I did get the staple gun!!)

I am envious that you have a saw.